Or, it can be very easy to get disheartened and end up feeling “stuck”, wondering if you’ll ever be able to get back to playing sport or keeping active like you used to…
If that’s happening to you, you’re not alone – we see people going through this all the time. In fact, we see people living with an injury from sports and exercise in our physio clinics in Solihull and Birmingham, no matter what time of year…
I spent the last 10 years working in elite sport so I’ve just about seen every type of sports injury there is – and know how to help people recover from them. When my athletes got injured – we started treatment the NEXT DAY.
That is completely the opposite to the way that most people respond to getting a sports injury, and is why so many people suffering with a sports injury are asking themselves:
Does That Sound Like You?
The problem is that when it comes to sports injuries – hamstrings, ankle sprains, runner’s knee etc., – complete rest is rarely the best advice.
So maybe you’re confused and frustrated because you’ve been told different things, by different people. Maybe you think you have a back problem – but it’s actually the hip where the problem came from?
Sports injuries can be very confusing because more often than not, where the pain is coming from, isn’t actually the area that needs to be fixed and worked on and if you rest for too long – other parts of the body become just as, if not more problematic!
This confusion over “resting” often leads people to continue to procrastinate and put off making a decision about what to do to help fix their injury and return back to exercise. Worse, many people just end up accepting ‘their days of being active are over’ – as if it’s normal, as if it ‘has’ to be that way.
1. You thought it would go away on it’s own – but it didn’t
2. You went to the Doctor who told you to rest, wear a support, and take painkiller but the pills did nothing to help, and as soon as they wore off, you were left in agonising pain again.
3. A family member, or friend, told you that everyone is more prone to Sports Injuries as they get older, so you just accepted it.
4.You seeked help from other Healthcare Professionals or a Physio in the past, but nothing they said or did seemed to help.
5. You’ve tried using things like heat pads, ice, and sport supports but they’ve done nothing to help make the pain better or return to exercise with ease.
6. You thought it would be a good idea to rest because you were in a lot of pain, but it still irritates you daily.
7. You decided to get a few “sports massages” hoping that would fix the pain, but all they did was feel a bit ‘painful’ or maybe ‘relaxing’, and didn’t do anything to fix your injury long term…
Click the link below to book a call with us if you would like to get some solid advice given to you over the phone. The phone call is complimentary and there is no obligation to book any appointments with us after the call is over. Our goal is to help you make the right decision about what to do next for the best.
“What can I do to get and stay fit?”
Well, here’s 4 things you can do:
1. First off, you need to make a decision about getting help. So many people procrastinate for so long, thinking that the pain will ‘just go away with time’, but then 6 months down the line they’re still putting up with it, and nothing’s changed… Or it gets worse and they’re still sitting out from playing sport, or exercise completely
2. Next, do the RIGHT exercises – one of the best things to help you recover quickly and safely from an injury is to do the right series of progressed exercises. The right exercises given to you by a Physiotherapist will help reduce pain and allow you to move freely and return to sport again quick – and make sure that the problems don’t come back any time soon.
3. Avoid “too much rest” – while rest is an important part of the recovery process, too much rest won’t do anything to help you recover quick. Many people believe that recovery means total rest from exercise. But in order for an injury to recover, blood flow is needed which rest prevents. It would really help if you were given appropriate recovery and strengthening exercises to heal the injury, alongside hands-on treatment, to get you active and healthy again as quickly as possible.
4. Get real, “hands-on” Physio – Physio is proven to help people with Sports Injuries. In fact at Urban Body Physiotherapy we help people recover from Sports Injuries all year round. If your injury is stopping you from playing sport and keeping active, if it’s affecting your job, or if it threatens your independence and gets in the way of spending quality time with family and friends – Physiotherapy can help get you back to living the life you deserve as quickly as possible.
If you would like to know how the Physiotherapy team at Urban Body (clinics in Solihull and Birmingham) can help you return to being active as quickly and safely as possible – we invite you to start with a completely free, no-obligation, risk free appointment at one of our clinics:
So the next question is:
Here’s just a few of the things our Physiotherapy Team can do for you:
1. We can quickly take away the pain and stiffness – often inside a couple of sessions
2. We can help you find out what’s really going on, and get to the root cause of your injury once and for all – often inside 20 minutes
3. Pain can “zap” you of energy and put you out of playing your favourite sport and doing your favourite activity – we can help you to enjoy living with more energy each day, and return to doing what you love safely
4. We will ensure that your problem is “corrected” and “healed” properly – and we will provide you with the perfect set of exercises that will speed up your recovery
5. We can help you put an end to needing to take all of those painkillers which are obviously not very good for your long-term health
6. We can help you avoid dangerous surgery – and painful injections
7. We can help you keep out of the Doctor’s waiting room where you’ll be told to “rest” again…
8. We can help you get back to enjoying quality time with family and friends that your injury has taken from you…
9. We can help you to finally be able to walk, and move freely, without worrying if the pain is going to get worse and stop you in your tracks
Basically… the Physiotherapy Team at Urban Body can help you get back to living life free from daily, annoying and frustrating Sports Injuries, and return to the exercise you love
If you want to know what it costs – and what availability we have at our clinics in Solihull or Birmingham, then please just click the button below and complete the short form:
“Hear From Happy Clients of Urban Body Physiotherapy”
Please enjoy watching case-studies of other people just like you who came to see the Physiotherapy Team at Urban Body – and left much healthier and happier within just a couple of weeks: